Western Star originated in Victoria’s western district in the late 1800s. Western Star has a proud Australian heritage, and the name is now synonymous with quality butter.
Produced from only the freshest natural ingredients, Western Star Butter provides the Pure Five Star Taste that only a natural product can deliver, and as such is ideal for cooking and baking, or simply spread on fresh bread.
- 15 October, 1888: Cobden First Dairy opened, making cheese and butter
- 7 October 1926: Western Star trademark and logo registered
- 6 August 1927: First AGM of the Western Star Products Pty Ltd
- 6 September 1927: The first display advertisement for Western Star butter
- 1984: Western Star Logo redesigned - Star inverted to have a single point upwards
- 1998: Launch of Western Star Spreadable dairy blend
- 2000: Western Star chosen as dairy supplier to the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games
- 2002: ‘Pure Five Star Taste’ adopted as the brand’s strap line
- 2004: Launch of Whipped – Australia’s first aerated spread
- 2005: Launch of Western Star Olive dairy blend – Australia’s first dairy blend with
olive oil [Health & Wellness]
- 2006: Western Star first confirmed as ‘Australia’s favourite butter’
- 2009: Launch of Western Star UltraLight – Australia’s lowest fat dairy blend [23.5% fat]
- 2011: Western Star wins its third Australian Grand Dairy Award in four years