- Preheat oven to 200˚C fan-forced. Place sweet potatoes cut-side up on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 1 hour or until tender when tested with a skewer. Remove sweet potatoes from oven; set aside to cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out flesh from the centre of each sweet potato, leaving a ½ cm shell of flesh, being careful not to tear the skin. Place sweet potato flesh into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons Western Star Spreadable Original Soft and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in corn, spring onions and 1 cup Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt. Mix until well combined.
- Return sweet potato skins to the baking tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes until just crisp. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Western Star Spreadable Original Soft and heat until bubbling. Add bacon and cook, tossing often, until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into skins. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining 1 cup Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until hot and cheese melts. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges and a sprinkle of coriander leaves. Team with a leafy green salad, if liked.
- When selecting your sweet potatoes, choose even-sized, elongated rather than round sweet potatoes.
- For an added flavour twist, add some Mexican spice to the mash mix
IN THIS RECIPE
Spreadable Original Soft
We’ve taken the five-star Western Star taste you know and love and made it soft and spreadable. Ideal for sandwiches, toast, pancakes and more.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Stir a squeeze of honey and dab of butter into steamed carrots, the kids are guaranteed to eat these veggies.