Flavour Variation: Ham and Corn
Flavour Variation: Spinach Mustard and Feta
- Combine flour, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Add butter, milk, egg and chosen flavouring and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity buttered muffin pans.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- This recipe can also be made in mini muffin pans, simply reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Muffins are best made and eaten on the same day, however day old muffins can be freshened by warming in the microwave.
- Muffins can be individually wrapped and frozen for school lunch boxes.
- Try out your own flavour variations with these muffins.
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Pine nut and herb crusted fish - in a hurry!
Combine melted Western Star Butter with a handful of breadcrumbs, raw pine nuts and fresh herbs of choice, press onto one side of a skinless white fish fillet. Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until golden.