Chicken & Mushroom Farfalle Bake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the farfalle in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, following the packet directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir for 2 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Add the garlic, tarragon and zucchini and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute or until all the vegetables are coated. Add the wine and bring the mixture to the boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to low and add the Western Star™ Thickened Cream. Finally, stir well to combine all ingredients, and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Thinly slice the chicken and add it to the mushroom mixture along with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer into a large baking dish and sprinkle over the Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Toss a knob of butter through pasta or couscous before serving for a glossy sheen and delicious buttery flavour!
- If tarragon isn’t available try using thyme or oregano for a different twist.