What is personal information?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information is true or not, and whether it is recorded in a material form or not. It includes sensitive information such as health information and information about your race or ethnic origin.
How does Fonterra Brands collect your personal information?
In the course of dealing with customers, suppliers, job applicants and service providers, We collect personal information.
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- request or make an inquiry about our products or services;
- make a complaint about our products or services, or request and receive a refund;
- respond to one of our surveys, promotions or competitions;
- otherwise contact us, either online through our website, by email, mail, phone or in person;
- access or use any of our website services;
- take part in product market testing or trials;
- enter into an agreement to supply or purchase products or services to us; or
- apply for a job with us.
We may at times need to collect your personal information from third parties rather than directly from you, including but not limited to when:
third parties are engaged to provide marketing or promotional services to Fonterra; and
you have applied for a job of a certain nature and we require you to take a medical assessment, or we need to conduct a police check and/or a driver's licence check.
What personal information does Fonterra Brands collect and hold?
The personal information that We may collect about you includes but not is limited to:
- your name and contact details including address, email address and phone number;
- your date of birth;
- your credit card and/or banking details;
- details of the product or service you have purchased or supplied;
- information which you provide us in response to one of our surveys, promotions or competitions;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests, claims, or after-sales service issues or queries; and
- information such as your employment history and qualifications provided by you and third parties as part of your job application.
We may also collect sensitive information (including health information) about you in circumstances where you make a complaint about the physical effect of a Fonterra Brands product including if, for example, you have taken part in the testing or trial of a Fonterra Brands product.
Can you deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym?
Where practical and lawful, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, if you wish. However in many instances, if we cannot identify you or if you do not provide us with the personal information we request, then we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, respond to your inquiries or complaints, or assess your job application.
In order to assist with the performance of our website, cookies may be installed on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owner of the website.
Most cookies we use on our website collect information about how visitors use the website, for example, which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and is therefore used anonymously.
Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your computer or be notified before a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some our website features or services will not function properly or may not be fully available. Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or erasing cookies.
Use of Personal Information
We use and disclose the personal information We collect for the purposes of carrying out its business as a manufacturer and distributor of dairy and related products, including but not limited to:
- to enable us to communicate with you in the future about our current or new products or services, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- analysing market data for the purposes of developing new products and services;
- providing the product or service requested or answering an inquiry;
- addressing complaints or processing refunds in relation to a product or service;
- as part of the asset or share sale of a business or division of Fonterra;
- assessing your job application;
- complying with our legal obligations including for purposes required or authorised by an Australian law or court/tribunal order; and
- technical administration of our website(s).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, some of which may be located overseas, including but not limited to:
- third parties who have been retained by us to help it provide our products or services. For example, We have contracts with third parties to assist it with functions such as mail-outs or assessing applications for the provision of commercial credit by Fonterra; and
- related entities within the Fonterra group internationally (principally located in New Zealand).
Direct marketing and opting-out
If we contact you for the purposes of direct marketing (for example, to promote our current and new products and services), and you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us in the future, you may opt-out at any time at no cost to you. To opt-out, please contact the Privacy Officer via email at
Email: email@example.com or call us on 1800 816 773. You may also ask us to stop using and disclosing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Data Protection and Management
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information which it holds when it is no longer required for any purposes for which it was collected or for which it may be legitimately used or disclosed.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You are entitled to access the personal information which We hold about you subject to certain exceptions set out in the Privacy Act. Access requests should be made to the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before giving access.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, hold, use or disclose about a person is accurate, complete and up to date, and relevant for any purpose for which it is used or disclosed. You may ask us to update or correct your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will also need to verify your identity before making any corrections.
If We refuse your request for access or correction We will notify you in writing and explain why and the manner in which you may make a complaint, if you wish.
If you believe that We have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act, please contact us to discuss your concerns and consider how We can better deal with your information. All complaints will be handled in a timely fashion and treated seriously. Complaints should be put in writing to the Privacy Officer at the contact details below.
Fonterra Contact Details
Fonterra Privacy Officer
327 Ferntree Gully Road
Mount Waverley VIC 3149
Telephone: 1800 816 773
Date: 14 November 2016