Baking & Desserts
Prep 30 mins. /Cook 12 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixed and beat together until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the cornflour and plain flour until a dough forms.
- Form ½ tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place onto the prepared trays, leaving a 3-4cm gap between each ball, as the biscuits will spread. Flatten each one gently with the back of a damp fork.
- Transfer into the oven for 12 minutes or until the biscuits begin to colour. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the passionfruit and mix to combine.
- Get the kids to help you assemble, by spreading the base of a biscuit with icing, and then joining with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and icing.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- The Passionfruit Yoyo’s will keep for 5 days when stored in an airtight container.
IN THIS RECIPE
This versatile all-rounder gives you control of seasoning in the kitchen. We know that unsalted butter and everyday baking are a perfect match. But you don't have to relegate unsalted butter to only the world of sweet cooking. This pure unsalted butter is perfect for everyday cooking where you want to have control over the seasoning. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient, Australian cream. Western Star has been Crafting Butter in Victoria since 1926 when the leading butter makers in the Western District came together. Over 95 years later and trusted for generations, Western Star truly is Australia's Favourite.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Should I grease my baking tins?
This helps stop food sticking. Brush the tin with melted butter or use some baking paper with a little butter on it to rub around the inside of the tin.