Coq au Vin
Prep 25 mins. /Cook 1h 15 mins.
Coq au Vin
- Pour the wine into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer until liquid has reduced by a third. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate large, heavy based pan, melt the 60g butter and oil together over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry on all sides until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the bacon, onion and mushrooms into the same pan and fry until golden. Return the chicken back into the pan along with garlic, shallots, herbs, wine and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir through remaining butter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve alongside buttery mash.
- Serve with buttery mash and warm seasonal vegetables
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Mains recipes
Trying mixing horseradish with grainy mustard, parsley and softened butter and dolloping over the flat mushrooms before grilling. Also great with steak.