- Melt the Spreadable in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the leeks are softened. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently so as to not break up mushrooms.
- Combine stock with the cornflour and stir into mushroom mixture. Cook over medium heat for a further 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Fold through the spinach and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the milk and stock in a medium heavy-based saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and gradually add the polenta, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or until the polenta is soft and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the Spreadable and parmesan.
- To serve, spoon the creamy polenta onto serving plates and top with the mushroom ragu. Scatter with a little extra parmesan and the parsley.
- If your polenta is thick rather than creamy, use a little extra hot milk to thin it down until you get to your desired consistency.
IN THIS RECIPE
Spreadable Original Soft
We’ve taken the five-star Western Star taste you know and love and made it soft and spreadable. Ideal for sandwiches, toast, pancakes and more.
More mains recipes
Making a sauce?
Enrich wine based sauces by whisking in a large knob of cold butter at the very end, it will give your sauce a richness, shine and round off any acidic flavours.