Cheesy Bolognese Jaffles
- Preheat a jaffle maker. If using leftover Bolognese sauce, warm slightly in your microwave.
- Spread each piece of bread on both sides with Western Star Spreadable Original Soft.
- Dividing mixture evenly, top 4 slices of bread with the Bolognese sauce, spreading out leaving a 1 cm border. Top each sandwich with 2 Bega Tasty Natural Cheese Slices, and then top with the remaining bread.
- Cooking in 2 batches, place Bolognese-filled bread into the jaffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and toasted. Serve with a side salad, if liked.
Easy Bolognese Sauce
Prep 15 mins. / Cook 1 hr 15 mins. / Makes 3 cups (750g)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes until softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil and mince to pan. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, over medium-high heat until browned.
- Stir in onion and garlic, oregano and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Enjoy this Bolognese sauce with your favourite pasta finished with grated Perfect Italiano Parmesan.
IN THIS RECIPE
Spreadable Original Soft
We’ve taken the five-star Western Star taste you know and love and made it soft and spreadable. Ideal for sandwiches, toast, pancakes and more.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Toss a knob of butter through pasta or couscous before serving for a glossy sheen and delicious buttery flavour!