- Line the base and sides of a slice or lamington tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the dark chocolate, butter and condensed milk over a low heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture has melted. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the biscuits into a zip lock bag, and push out all the air before sealing. Use the end of a rolling pin to carefully crush the biscuits. Or get the kids to break them up using their hands! Place the broken biscuits in a large bowl and add the coconut, walnuts and cocoa.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix well until everything has combined.
- Press firmly into the prepared tin with the back of a wooden spoon, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir regularly for 5-8 minutes or until the chocolate and butter have melted and combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the hedgehog, and transfer into the fridge for 1 hour or until completely set.
- Cut the hedgehog into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter
When you really want your pastry and baking to shine, unsalted cultured butter delivers with that sought after creamier fresh tasting butter that is versatile and ensures great results every time. As an unsalted butter, Chef's Choice allows you full control over the seasoning of your dish. Winner of the Champion Butter award at the 2018 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, Western Star Chef’s Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter is a premium quality butter, celebrated for its extra creamy continental taste and texture. Western Star has been Crafting Butter in Victoria since 1926 when the leading butter makers in the Western District came together. Over 95 years later and trusted for generations, Western Star truly is Australia's Favourite
IN THIS RECIPE
This versatile all-rounder gives you control of seasoning in the kitchen. We know that unsalted butter and everyday baking are a perfect match. But you don't have to relegate unsalted butter to only the world of sweet cooking. This pure unsalted butter is perfect for everyday cooking where you want to have control over the seasoning. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient, Australian cream. Western Star has been Crafting Butter in Victoria since 1926 when the leading butter makers in the Western District came together. Over 95 years later and trusted for generations, Western Star truly is Australia's Favourite.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Should I grease my baking tins?
This helps stop food sticking. Brush the tin with melted butter or use some baking paper with a little butter on it to rub around the inside of the tin.