Baking & Desserts
Prep 30 mins. /Cook 12 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixed and beat together until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the cornflour and plain flour until a dough forms.
- Form ½ tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place onto the prepared trays, leaving a 3-4cm gap between each ball, as the biscuits will spread. Flatten each one gently with the back of a damp fork.
- Transfer into the oven for 12 minutes or until the biscuits begin to colour. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the passionfruit and mix to combine.
- Get the kids to help you assemble, by spreading the base of a biscuit with icing, and then joining with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and icing.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- The Passionfruit Yoyo’s will keep for 5 days when stored in an airtight container.
IN THIS RECIPE
Western Star Unsalted is a great regular unsalted butter that is suitable for everyday cooking and baking needs. It allows the cook to regulate the seasoning required for the dish. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Forgotten to soften the butter?
Grate butter coarsely, spread onto baking paper and stand for 10 minutes before using. Alternatively chop into 2cm cubes, microwave on 30% power in 10 second bursts until just softened.
White Chocolate, Pistachio, Cherry Trees
White Chocolate, Pistachio, Cherry Trees made with Western Star Chef's Choice Butter.