- Note: this recipe requires an additional 20 minutes for chilling.
- Using a fork, mash preferred flavour variation into butter until evenly combined and smooth.
- Roll into a cylinder using baking paper or foil and refrigerate or freeze until required.
- To use, cut slices off the log of flavoured butter and add to steamed vegetables or grilled steak.
- Sweet flavoured butters are delicious served on waffles, muffins, pancakes, toast and brushed onto baked goods, fresh out of the oven.
IN THIS RECIPE
Western Star Unsalted is a great regular unsalted butter that is suitable for everyday cooking and baking needs. It allows the cook to regulate the seasoning required for the dish. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient.
More Sauces recipes
Avoid a "floury" white sauce
At the beginning of a white sauce always cook off the butter and flour over low heat for 1 minute to ensure the finished sauce doesn’t have a “floury” flavour. Remove from the heat before whisking in milk and returning back to the heat to thicken.