Whole Roasted Eye Fillet with Mustard, Parsley and Garlic Butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place mustard, parsley, garlic and butter into a medium size bowl and mix well until combined. Shape into a sausage shape and wrap in baking paper twisting the ends of the paper to seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Season the eye fillet generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Heat a large heavy based pan on high heat. When hot add the fillet and sear until brown on all sides.
- Place beef onto a large heavy based baking tray and place into the oven for 15 minutes for medium rare (or longer depending on your cooking preference). Remove from the oven, add a few knobs of flavoured butter over the fillet and allow to melt while resting for 8 minutes before slicing into thick slices. Serve hot alongside extra butter.
- Any remaining butter can be stored up to a week in the fridge.
- Serve with warm seasonal vegetables