- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs and milk with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper and continue to whisk.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick fry pan over a medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, pour in the egg mixture, and tilt the pan slightly to cover the base. As the omelet begins to set, use a heatproof plastic spatula to gently lift the omelet, and stir so any uncooked egg runs underneath to cook.
- Cook for 1-2 to minutes or until the base becomes light golden and the top remains slightly runny. Sprinkle over the ham and cheese and cook for 30 seconds. Gently fold the omelet in half and turn onto a plate.
- Serve the omelet immediately on its own or with hot buttered toast.
- Try using other filling ingredients like chopped tomatoes, mushrooms or capsicum!
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter