Prep 10 mins. /Cook 25 mins.
- In a medium sized bowl add the beef, paprika and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well.
- Add 30g of the butter and half the olive oil to a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and fry until softened. Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms, sautéing until golden brown. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pappardelle according to packet instructions. Drain into a colander, and stir remaining butter through the warm pasta. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Add remaining olive oil to the frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Add the brandy, the mushroom and onion mixture, and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream, lemon juice and parsley. Serve with the cooked buttery pappardelle.
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Mains recipes
Best ever green beans!
Melt a knob of butter in a fry pan until foamy, toss in your steamed green beans and slivered almonds until almonds are just golden. Delicious!