- Marinate chicken in paste and yoghurt for approximately 1 hour.
- Melt 20g butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, brown the chicken on all sides, remove from pan. Wipe pan clean and add remaining 20g butter, onion, ginger and dry spices to the pan and cook until spices are fragrant and onions softened.
- Add browned chicken, tomatoes and chicken stock to pan and bring to a simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce is thick.
- Stir cream into sauce and then whisk in cold butter, one cube at a time until incorporated and creamy. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve curry sprinkled with cashews, coriander and basmati rice.
- Butter chicken is even more delicious reheated a day later!