- Preheat oven to 150°C (fan forced).
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 30 seconds before adding another tablespoon. Once all the sugar is added, whisk for a further 6 minutes or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Add the vinegar and whisk for a further 2 minutes or until glossy and combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the meringue onto a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Reduce oven temperature to 120°C (fan forced) and cook for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
Quick strawberry jam
- Put the strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until thickened and jammy. Allow to cool completely.
- Put the Western Star Thickened Cream and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to soft peaks.
- Serve the pavlova topped with cream, strawberry jam, raspberries and blueberries. Dust with icing sugar.
- You can substitute the homemade strawberry jam for ½ cup store-bought strawberry jam stirred together with 1 teaspoon warm water.
- You can also use store-bought meringue nests.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Which butter should I use to make sweet pastries?
We recommend Chef's Choice - it's higher fat content and creamier finish makes it ideal for sweet pastries.