- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, yoghurt and vanilla. Add the carrots and stir until mixed. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and continue to mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins. Transfer into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan, and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixture and beat until smooth. Get the kids to help you spread the frosting over the cakes before serving for a yummy treat!
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Which butter should I use to make sweet pastries?
We recommend Chef's Choice - it's higher fat content and creamier finish makes it ideal for sweet pastries.