Baking & Desserts
Prep 5 mins. /Cook 45 mins.
- Stir butter, chocolate and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat, until melted and smooth, cool slightly.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture, sift in flour and cocoa and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 18cm square cake pan.
- Bake at 190°C for 30-35 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely in cake pan. Remove and cut into squares before serving.
- Store left over brownies in an airtight container.
IN THIS RECIPE
Salt Reduced Butter
Western Star Salt Reduced retains all the full creamy taste of classic Western Star butter but with just half the salt. Ideal for those who love the flavour of butter but prefer less salt in their diet. Expertly crafted from two natural ingredients, cream and salt.* Contains on average 45% less sodium than Western Star Original Butter, which contains 640 mg per 100g.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Should I grease my baking tins?
This helps stop food sticking. Brush the tin with melted butter or use some baking paper with a little butter on it to rub around the inside of the tin.