Baking & Desserts
Prep 5 mins. /Cook 50 mins.
- Process orange in a food processor until pureed. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 20cm cake pan and bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cake cooling rack.
- Dust cake liberally with icing sugar and serve thin slices dolloped with pure cream.
- This cake does not rise much and is very dense and moist in texture.
- This cakes keeps well for a few days, stored in an airtight container.
IN THIS RECIPE
Western Star Unsalted is a great regular unsalted butter that is suitable for everyday cooking and baking needs. It allows the cook to regulate the seasoning required for the dish. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Which butter should I use to make sweet pastries?
We recommend Chef's Choice - it's higher fat content and creamier finish makes it ideal for sweet pastries.