Baking & Desserts
Prep 20 mins. /Cook 30 mins.
- Process all ingredients, except caster sugar, together in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Press mixture together until it forms a dough. Divide dough in two.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5 mm thick.
- Using a snowflake-shaped cookie cutter, cut shapes from dough. Transfer to prepared trays. Sprinkle with caster sugar if desired. Bake at 160ºC for 30 minutes or until dry and firm but still pale. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
- Shortbread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter
Western Star Chef’s Choice Premium Cultured Unsalted is a premium quality butter that’s noted for its extra creamier continental taste and texture. A creamier fresh tasting butter that’s versatile and ensures great results every time.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Which butter should I use to make sweet pastries?
We recommend Chef's Choice - it's higher fat content and creamier finish makes it ideal for sweet pastries.