Snack, Sides and Starters
Jam Drop Biscuits
Prep 20 mins. /Cook 15 mins.
Jam Drop Biscuits
- With Mum or Dad’s help, preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and cornflour, and mix for 30 seconds or until a dough forms. The mixture should be like play dough!
- Lightly dust your hands with some extra flour, and then roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place each onto the trays about 2cm apart and use your fingers to flatten slightly. Create a big thumbprint in the centre of the dough to create an indent, and then fill each with a small blob of jam (½ teaspoon).
- Ask Mum or Dad to transfer the biscuits into the oven for 10 minutes or until they turn light golden on the edges and the jam is bubbling.
- Once baked, allow the biscuits to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
IN THIS RECIPE
This versatile all-rounder gives you control of seasoning in the kitchen. We know that unsalted butter and everyday baking are a perfect match. But you don't have to relegate unsalted butter to only the world of sweet cooking. This pure unsalted butter is perfect for everyday cooking where you want to have control over the seasoning. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient, Australian cream. Western Star has been Crafting Butter in Victoria since 1926 when the leading butter makers in the Western District came together. Over 95 years later and trusted for generations, Western Star truly is Australia's Favourite.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Forgotten to soften the butter?
Grate butter coarsely, spread onto baking paper and stand for 10 minutes before using. Alternatively chop into 2cm cubes, microwave on 30% power in 10 second bursts until just softened.