Prep 5 mins. /Cook 10 mins.
- Combine butter and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 2 minutes and stir well.
- Whisk eggs, lemon juice and rind in a separate bowl until combined.
- Quickly whisk egg mixture into the hot butter to combine.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes until thick, whisking well at 1 minute intervals. Cool and refrigerate until required.
- Lemon Butter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use this lemon butter for spreading on toast, filling tarts or cakes.
- Try beating lemon butter into softened cream cheese or mascarpone and use to fill the Best Sweet Shortcrust pastry shell. Top with blueberries for a delicious dessert.
- Recipe has been tested in a 1100 watt microwave oven.
IN THIS RECIPE
Western Star Unsalted is a great regular unsalted butter that is suitable for everyday cooking and baking needs. It allows the cook to regulate the seasoning required for the dish. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient.
More Sauces recipes
Reheating Hollandaise or Béarnaise sauce?
Never microwave! These are fragile emulsions and will split. Reheat by gently whisking over a double boiler on low heat. If the emulsion begins to split, try whisking in a spoonful of warm water, never add more butter.