Prep 5 mins. /Cook 10 mins.
- Combine butter and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 2 minutes and stir well.
- Whisk eggs, lemon juice and rind in a separate bowl until combined.
- Quickly whisk egg mixture into the hot butter to combine.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes until thick, whisking well at 1 minute intervals. Cool and refrigerate until required.
- Lemon Butter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use this lemon butter for spreading on toast, filling tarts or cakes.
- Try beating lemon butter into softened cream cheese or mascarpone and use to fill the Best Sweet Shortcrust pastry shell. Top with blueberries for a delicious dessert.
- Recipe has been tested in a 1100 watt microwave oven.
IN THIS RECIPE
Western Star Unsalted is a great regular unsalted butter that is suitable for everyday cooking and baking needs. It allows the cook to regulate the seasoning required for the dish. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredients.
More Sauces recipes
Forgotten to soften the butter?
Grate butter coarsely, spread onto baking paper and stand for 10 minutes before using. Alternatively chop into 2cm cubes, microwave on 30% power in 10 second bursts until just softened.