Prep 5 mins. /Cook 10 mins.
- Combine butter and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 2 minutes and stir well.
- Whisk eggs, lemon juice and rind in a separate bowl until combined.
- Quickly whisk egg mixture into the hot butter to combine.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes until thick, whisking well at 1 minute intervals. Cool and refrigerate until required.
- Lemon Butter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use this lemon butter for spreading on toast, filling tarts or cakes.
- Try beating lemon butter into softened cream cheese or mascarpone and use to fill the Best Sweet Shortcrust pastry shell. Top with blueberries for a delicious dessert.
- Recipe has been tested in a 1100 watt microwave oven.
IN THIS RECIPE