- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
- Combine salted butter, mustard and half the maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Carefully slide your fingers between the flesh and skin of the chicken breast to loosen. Spoon the mixture under the skin. Use your hands to spread the mixture evenly over the chicken, brushing any of the remaining mixture over top of chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together.
- Place chicken and onions in baking dish. Scatter with herbs. Drizzle remaining maple syrup over top of chicken. Bake for 1 hour to 1 ¼ hours or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer to a serving platter. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest before serving.
- You can reduce the cooking juices in a saucepan and pour into a jug to serve with the chicken.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve the Maple Glazed Chicken with roast pumpkin, gratin potatoes and steamed green beans.
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Mains recipes
Traffic light vegetables
A great side dish for kids. Cut zucchini, carrot and red capsicum into thin sticks or rounds (snow peas are great too), then sauté in butter and garlic until tender and fragrant.