- With Mum or Dad’s help, preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Beat all the cake ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer on low, so that no flour escapes! Once you start to see everything come together, turn the speed up to high and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the cake tin, and ask your Mum or Dad to transfer into the oven to bake for 1 hour or until golden and risen. Let the cake cool completely while you make the icing.
- To make the icing, use a big wooden spoon to mix the butter in a large bowl until very soft and creamy. Add the icing sugar, and using all your muscles, keep mixing until well combined.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the icing over the cake, and enjoy a slice!
IN THIS RECIPE
This versatile all-rounder gives you control of seasoning in the kitchen. We know that unsalted butter and everyday baking are a perfect match. But you don't have to relegate unsalted butter to only the world of sweet cooking. This pure unsalted butter is perfect for everyday cooking where you want to have control over the seasoning. Expertly crafted from one natural ingredient, Australian cream. Western Star has been Crafting Butter in Victoria since 1926 when the leading butter makers in the Western District came together. Over 95 years later and trusted for generations, Western Star truly is Australia's Favourite.
More Baking & Desserts recipes
Forgotten to soften the butter?
Grate butter coarsely, spread onto baking paper and stand for 10 minutes before using. Alternatively chop into 2cm cubes, microwave on 30% power in 10 second bursts until just softened.