- Using an electric hand mixer, whip Western Star Thickened Cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Preheat a jaffle maker. Combine apples, sultanas, cinnamon and allspice in a bowl.
- Spread bread on both sides with Western Star Spreadable Original Soft.
- Dividing mixture evenly, top 4 slices of bread with the apple mixture, spreading out leaving a 1 cm border. Top with the remaining bread.
- Cooking in 2 batches, place apple-filled bread into the jaffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and toasted.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. Scatter with fresh strawberries, if liked.
IN THIS RECIPE
Spreadable Original Soft
We’ve taken the five-star Western Star taste you know and love and made it soft and spreadable. Ideal for sandwiches, toast, pancakes and more.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Avoid a "floury" white sauce
At the beginning of a white sauce always cook off the butter and flour over low heat for 1 minute to ensure the finished sauce doesn’t have a “floury” flavour. Remove from the heat before whisking in milk and returning back to the heat to thicken.