- Using an electric hand mixer, whip Western Star Thickened Cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Preheat a jaffle maker. Combine apples, sultanas, cinnamon and allspice in a bowl.
- Spread bread on both sides with Western Star Spreadable Original Soft.
- Dividing mixture evenly, top 4 slices of bread with the apple mixture, spreading out leaving a 1 cm border. Top with the remaining bread.
- Cooking in 2 batches, place apple-filled bread into the jaffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and toasted.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. Scatter with fresh strawberries, if liked.
IN THIS RECIPE
Spreadable Original Soft
We’ve taken the five-star Western Star taste you know and love and made it soft and spreadable. Ideal for sandwiches, toast, pancakes and more.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Runny white sauce?
If your white sauce isn’t thick enough, you can whisk in a little cornflour and water paste or begin again by making another roux and whisking in the runny white sauce in place of the milk.