- Toss pumpkin and capsicum with garlic, paprika and half the melted butter. Arrange in a baking paper lined roasting dish and roast at 180°C for 10 minutes. Toss in zucchini cook for a further 15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Cool slightly.
- Fry chorizo in a dry non-stick frypan over medium heat until crisp, drain on paper towelling.
- Cook pearl couscous according to packet instructions, then toss with remaining butter, chorizo, roasted vegetables herbs and vinegar. Serve immediately as a salad or meal.
- *Pearl couscous is a giant variety of couscous, which you can find in supermarkets and delis. Use regular couscous if pearl couscous is unavailable.
- *Cured chorizo sausage is available at most supermarkets delis, if unavailable use the BBQ style chorizo sausage.
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Runny white sauce?
If your white sauce isn’t thick enough, you can whisk in a little cornflour and water paste or begin again by making another roux and whisking in the runny white sauce in place of the milk.