- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the eggs and continue to beat until combined. Add the plain flour, cocoa, baking powder and coconut and mix until combined. Finally, add the milk chocolate chips and orange zest, and gently mix until evenly distributed.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place onto the prepared baking tray. Leave a 2 – 3 cm gap between the biscuits and flatten each slightly.
- Place the trays into the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the biscuits onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate melts and becomes smooth, remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes. Use a spoon (or piping bag with a small nozzle attachment) to make white chocolate crosses over each biscuit.
- Set the biscuits aside for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter