- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Use a rolling pin to lightly roll slices of bread and flatten until thin. Butter the slices of bread on one slide. Place the slices in a muffin tin, butter side down in order to create a case. Transfer into the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove the tin from the oven and reduce the temperature to 160°C.
- Meanwhile, place the cheese, ham, spring onions and eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the toasted cases, and return to the oven to bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until set and lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, before carefully removing from the tin.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This is great to do in large batches for kids parties. A healthy alternative to sausage rolls or party pies.
IN THIS RECIPE
Original Salted Butter
Western Star is Australia’s favourite butter. It’s a classic, pure creamery butter with a rich satisfying, five-star taste. Winner of Champion Butter at the 2019 Australian Grand Dairy Awards, this product sets the benchmark by which all other butters are judged. Expertly crafted from only two natural ingredients, cream and salt.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Pine nut and herb crusted fish - in a hurry!
Combine melted Western Star Butter with a handful of breadcrumbs, raw pine nuts and fresh herbs of choice, press onto one side of a skinless white fish fillet. Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Croque Monsieur with Rosemary Butter
Croque Monsieur with Rosemary Butter made with Western Star Original Butter..