- Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and place on a baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned.
- Combine buttermilk, mustard, parsley, maple syrup and seasonings in a screwtop jar to make a dressing.
- Toss together the bread, pork, apple, watercress, cheese and pecans in a serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.
- This salad makes a great boxing day lunch, using leftover roast pork and bread from Christmas day, as well as that last little bit of blue cheese from the cheese platter!
- Leftover roast turkey or chicken will also work well in this salad.
- To save time, make dressing and store in the refrigerator ahead of time.
- Pine nuts, almonds and macadamia nuts also make a delicious addition to this salad.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter
Western Star Chef’s Choice Premium Cultured Unsalted is a premium quality butter that’s noted for its extra creamier continental taste and texture. A creamier fresh tasting butter that’s versatile and ensures great results every time.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Delicious slow roasted tomoatoes
Simply slice roma tomatoes in half, lay cut side up on a lined baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and top each tomato with a slice of garlic and a knob of butter. Bake at 140°-150°C for 1-2 hours or until done to your liking. Use in salads, antipasto or simply enjoy on fresh bread!