- Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and place on a baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned.
- Combine buttermilk, mustard, parsley, maple syrup and seasonings in a screwtop jar to make a dressing.
- Toss together the bread, pork, apple, watercress, cheese and pecans in a serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.
- This salad makes a great boxing day lunch, using leftover roast pork and bread from Christmas day, as well as that last little bit of blue cheese from the cheese platter!
- Leftover roast turkey or chicken will also work well in this salad.
- To save time, make dressing and store in the refrigerator ahead of time.
- Pine nuts, almonds and macadamia nuts also make a delicious addition to this salad.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter
Western Star Chef’s Choice Premium Cultured Unsalted is a premium quality butter that’s noted for its extra creamier continental taste and texture. A creamier fresh tasting butter that’s versatile and ensures great results every time.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Toss a knob of butter through pasta or couscous before serving for a glossy sheen and delicious buttery flavour!