- Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and place on a baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned.
- Combine buttermilk, mustard, parsley, maple syrup and seasonings in a screwtop jar to make a dressing.
- Toss together the bread, pork, apple, watercress, cheese and pecans in a serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.
- This salad makes a great boxing day lunch, using leftover roast pork and bread from Christmas day, as well as that last little bit of blue cheese from the cheese platter!
- Leftover roast turkey or chicken will also work well in this salad.
- To save time, make dressing and store in the refrigerator ahead of time.
- Pine nuts, almonds and macadamia nuts also make a delicious addition to this salad.
IN THIS RECIPE
Chef's Choice Unsalted Cultured Butter
Western Star Chef’s Choice Premium Cultured Unsalted is a premium quality butter that’s noted for its extra creamier continental taste and texture. A creamier fresh tasting butter that’s versatile and ensures great results every time.
More Snack, Sides and Starters recipes
Traffic light vegetables
A great side dish for kids. Cut zucchini, carrot and red capsicum into thin sticks or rounds (snow peas are great too), then sauté in butter and garlic until tender and fragrant.